In the event of an emergency, go directly to the emergency room or call 911.
After hours and Emergencies
To reach after hours help and advice when the office is closed (urgent medical problems that cannot wait until the next business day), dial 808-6012 for the answering service.
For a Mental Health Crisis dial 866-437-1821
Our triage nurses work from home and take first call. They have direct access to the pediatrician on call. A call back can be expected within 30 minutes, please be sure to keep your phone lines open. If you do not receive a call back after 30 minutes please contact the answering service again.
There is a pediatrician on call 24 hours a day/7 days a week. If you must seek care at an Urgent Care or emergency room after hours please let them know we are your primary care provider and ask them to send the visit notes to us for your follow-up care.
CALL US FIRST
- Our providers can be reached after office hours for urgent medical issues 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by phoning our office number 252-726-0511
- Same day appointments are available on every day that the office is open.
- Many urgent medical problems that occur after hours are not life threatening and can be managed initially through skilled phone care. A call to us may help you avoid a trip to the emergency room or urgent care center
- We can coordinate your care after hours to potentially avoid costly copays and guide you to the help you need
- We know you and your medical background so we can deliver the best possible care and outcomes
Urgent Care Center
- Call us first. Many medical conditions treated at an urgent care center can be easily addressed at our office and can sometimes be treated over the phone
- Urgent care centers are designed for convenient care of low severity problems
- Urgent care center copays are higher than those at our office.
- During weekend hours, calling as soon as the concern arises can assure a prompt provider visit
- If you choose to use an urgent care center please be sure to have them send us a copy of all reports
- Call us to arrange a follow-up appointment in our office and let us help to arrange a specialist visit if that is required
- ERs are designed for care of severe or life-threatening conditions.
- If your emergency is not immediately life threatening and you feel you can safely wait to call us first, we may be able to help you manage the situation by seeing you in the office or providing care over the phone
- Some examples of problems that are best managed in the emergency room include:
✓ Significant bleeding
✓ Severe Chest pain
✓ Shortness of breath
✓ Severe allergic reactions
✓ Broken bones
✓ Loss of consciousness
- If there is a life-threatening emergency, go to the nearest emergency room or call 911.